Robotic surgery enhances the accuracy and precision of surgical procedures such as joint replacement. The surgery is performed by a specially trained and experienced surgeon using an advanced robotic arm that provides visual, auditory, and haptic feedback. The surgeon is in control of the robotic arm at all times and can make changes to the pre-surgical plan based on real time feedback.
Here are the some of the important benefits of having robotic surgery:
- Detailed pre-surgical planning with 3D scanning to enhance accuracy of soft tissue and bone dissection.
- Surgery can be performed through small incisions which results in smaller scar formation
- Less bleeding minimizing need for blood transfusion
- Better visibility of surgical area using miniaturized cameras which provide real-time video images of hard-to-see areas
- Superior mobility and stability of the robotic arm minimizes risk of instruments slipping and injury to adjacent tissues
- Precise implant positioning resulting in a natural feeling of the replaced joint
- Better safety as the robotic arm does not allow movement of the cutting instruments outside of the safety zone
- Minimal trauma to surrounding healthy anatomical structures
- Quicker recovery and return to routine activities of daily living
- Potentially improved function and longevity of the implant
If you suffer with chronic joint pain and stiffness that does not seem to be improving with conservative nonsurgical treatments, book an appointment with Dr. Paul Jacob to find out if you might be a candidate for robotic surgery.
Dr. Jacob brings cutting edge techniques and technology to the Oklahoma City area. He has extensive training in minimally invasive, rapid recovery joint replacement as well as robotically assisted hip and knee replacement. Dr. Jacob is a pioneer in outpatient joint replacement allowing some patients to go home the same day as their procedure and recover in the comfort of their own home. The cornerstone of Dr. Jacob’s practice is to have the recovery process be easier, faster and less painful allowing his patients to get back into the game of life. Dr. Jacob is committed to bringing the highest level of orthopedic care while treating each and every patient like a family member. Providing you with patient centered care you can trust.